Eggroll, Bagel, Cookie, Vengeance

The Four Ninja Food Groups

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Moto has poor impulse control

So I woke up Saturday morning with a mission. It was a gorgeous day, and I was going to go for a ride.

My trusty old Bandit 400 had been coughing and sputtering, and the battery was dead. So I was gonna push-start that sucker and get it to the Suzuki shop for a nice spring cleaning and new battery. I packed my backpack, grabbed my helmet, and proceeded to waddle at high speed with a motorcycle between my legs trying to get the damn thing to turn over.

See, the longer a motorcycle sits unused, the harder it is to get it to start again, and I hadn't ridden the old girl in quite a few weeks.

Twenty minutes later, half a mile down the street, panting and defeated, I decided it wasn't going to happen. I would push the still-silent bike back to the house, get in my car, and go buy a damn battery.

Five minutes later, huffing and puffing even harder, I was almost back to the driveway and decided, just for shits and giggles, to pop the clutch one last time to see if the engine would crank. VROOM.

I still should have just gone and bought a new f*ing battery.

But, never one to let an opportunity pass me by, I took advantage of the fact that my bike was running and rode directly out to the Suzuki shop. I told the service guys what needed done, and they said they'd be finished around Tuesday.

Crap.

I just rode my motorcycle (which I doubt I can get started again, BTW) out 15 miles from home, my roommates are still probably in bed, and I'm not getting my ride back for at least four days. Worse yet, I don't get to take advantage of this gorgeous weather for a nice long ride.

"Ah, well," think I, "Maybe I'll just peek at the new bikes on the dealer side of the shop, and dream of a day when I have a bike that's reliable and fast and maybe with a little less rust and peeling clearcoat. I'll entertain myself for another half hour, then bug my roommates to give me a ride home, like I should have planned before this little expedition ... "

... Two hours later ...

Okay, so they had a really really appealing financing deal, and now I own a yellow Suzuki SV650S. It rocks HARD. Pictures to follow.

By the way, the Bandit's still going to be in full working order middle of next week. Know anybody looking to buy a bike?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus H. Christ Mike. Now you have two banana rockets between your legs at any given moment. Arrggg.

2:46 PM  
Blogger muffin said...

Yes, but the pity is that only one has a muffler.

3:37 PM  
Blogger bumclap said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:12 AM  
Blogger BELLYbuttonLINTisMYbestFRiend said...

i must say, your are quite funny. the bagels and scone thing was great.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

you shoulda walked.

exercise never killed anyone.

and it also saves on a lot of medication for hypertension, stress etc. later in life.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home